E-Learning & Store
Welcome to our eLearning and store page, the place for outstanding CPD.
Once you have booked and paid for your chosen training course, you will receive an email invitation to
create your own login and you'll gain full and unlimited access to the locked pages that contain your chosen
course on the site. Here you'll find the resources, training materials, videos, and links to the live training sessions.
Enhance your clinical practise, courses & CPD
The multi award-winning Northern College of Clinical Hypnotherapy (NCCH) courses are recognised in the UK, Europe, Asia and internationally. We provide a range of professional hypnotherapy courses and CPD. These courses are delivered in the classroom as well as online or as eLearning courses.
One Day Emmett Technique CPD EMM-Tech 3rd of June 9-30 am till 5 pm
3rd of June 2023.
The Emmett Technique is a light touch acupressure-style therapy, placing the fingers on specific points on the body to release the fascia and muscles. The skin and fascia have neuropathways and are part of the peripheral nervous system.
The Emmett Technique is easy to learn, it can be performed standing, over clothing and usually has an immediate beneficial effect. It can increase mobility, reduce pain, lower blood pressure and has a calming, relaxing effect on the body.
I am a hypnotherapist so why would I use this Emmett Technique?
There are two key reasons why this simple body technique can help you and your clients:
If your client has an abreaction during treatment you will deal with that accordingly. However, once you have completed your session they may still feel a little uncomfortable. A couple of simple Emmett moves will help remove any tension by relaxing the body, allowing them to settle more quickly.
You can use the Emmett Technique to help a nervous client into hypnosis. I recently held a talk on the mind-body link, where around 80% of the audience were therapists. I performed a few simple Emmett Technique moves to relax everyone, followed by a non-content hypnotherapy for relaxation.
All commented how they seemed to drop so much more quickly into hypnosis. They all said it was because they felt so relaxed after the Emmett treatment. You may already know that when you receive a body treatment your body calms and begins to go into a relaxing trance.
I find most of my clients are holding some form of stress in their body so I normally suggest a simple Emmett Technique treatment before I start my hypnosis.
The EMM-Tech course uses simple body terminology and language to accommodate both therapist and non-therapist. You’ll learn moves that can be used on family and friends, even if you do not want to use them within your business setting.
The course is fully certificated and can be used as Continued Professional Development (CPD) in most modalities (check with your governing body for exact hours).
I am holding a one-day, face-to-face course with Amanda on 3 June 2023 at The Quadrus Centre, Woodstock Way, East Boldon, Newcastle NE35 9PF.
Please note this course is not currently available online.
The investment is £130.
Suicide Prevention Training July 2023
Suicide Prevention the traffic light system of survival., 24th to 28th of July 2023 10 am till 4 pm a 5 day course for Therapists.
MJ Maher was born in Chivhumudohara a small town just outside of Harare in Zimbabwe she obtained her teacher training certificate at Mutare Teachers college and taught for seven years at a government school. She also worked for the Ministry of Education, until she left teaching to be an educational editor for Zimbabwe publishing house.
In 1988 MJ came to the United Kingdom and trained as a mental health nurse. She subsequently trained as a group analyst and has extensive experience, 28 years of working with suicidal people within the National Health Service. MJ has worked as a psychiatric nurse in the NHS, as a group psychotherapist in various NHS settings, in acute admission wards, secure units, drug and alcohol rehabilitation units and a national personality disorder therapeutic Community Hospital and resource centre where she has also facilitated therapy groups.
She's worked as a community psychiatric nurse and has worked with suicidal clients who did not have a mental health diagnosis in her private practise.
MJ’s eldest son Bryan took his own life on March the 6th 2020 he was one of the 5224 to die by suicide in 2020. MJ could not save her son but is passionate about helping people to avoid the same distress that her family went through. She has created a programme of suicide prevention called B.R.Y.A.N demystifying suicide, to honour her son Bryan.
B.R.Y.A.N demystifying suicide is a training programme of suicide prevention that enables therapists to use the traffic light system of survival framework within their therapeutic practice.
Suicide prevention training, the traffic like system is designed for professionals who work with suicidal people, for example psychiatric and medical professionals, social workers, psychologists, clinical hypnotherapists, and mental wellbeing practitioners.
This course is for professionals who work with people who may self-harm, flirt with suicidal thoughts and behaviour as an option when they feel they cannot cope with emotions such as depression, anxiety, panic attacks triggered by life events, ill health, other losses and challenges.
This course is for professionals who work with family members, friends and colleagues who lost someone to suicide and are struggling with difficult feelings for example, guilt helplessness, desperation, anxiety, panic attack, loneliness and any newly developed phobias.
Mostly this course is for therapists who want to prepare themselves to assist clients who are experiencing suicidal ideation and are self-harming.
Sugar Cravings Masterclass
Consuming too much added sugar increases heart disease risk factors such as obesity, high blood pressure and inflammation. High-sugar diets have been linked to an increased risk of dying from heart disease.
Obesity, which is often caused by consuming too much sugar, is considered the strongest risk factor for diabetes. Wanna beat those cravings or help your clients to beat them?
Sugar cravings come from your gut bacteria!
Our gut bacteria is actually communicating to us that they want something. They have a mind of their own! Well, our gut is, in fact, our second brain.
We have a trillion bacteria in our gut and there are different types that actually love different nutrients. Some love carbs, some fibre, and some love fats, for example. When we are not feeding those bacteria what they want, then they get really off and can make us feel like rubbish.
It is really important to have a balance of beneficial bacteria in our gut. And, we need a lot of diversity. That’s why it’s so important to have a very well-balanced diet with variety of whole nutrient-dense foods.
This helps to create the optimal microbiome for health. Remember… 70 percent of our immune system is in our gut. The bacteria in our gut helps us to maintain a healthy digestive tract, metabolize, digest and absorb nutrients.
Our internal gut flora can really help to maximize our immune health, when we treat it well, that is.
Rates of obesity are rising worldwide and added sugar, especially from sugar-sweetened drinks, is thought to be one of the main culprits.
Sugar-sweetened drinks like sodas, juices and sweet teas are loaded with fructose, a type of simple sugar. Consuming fructose increases your hunger and desire for food more than glucose, the main type of sugar found in starchy foods.
Lets beat those cravings.
This course includes a guide to accompany the video training session and 3 scripts to help you when working with clients.
Self Talk Masterclass
Our self-talk can be cheerful and supportive or negative and self-defeating. Self-talk can be beneficial when it’s positive, calming fears and bolstering confidence. Human nature, unfortunately, is prone to negative self-talk, including sweeping assertions like “I can’t do anything right” or “I’m a complete failure."
What's your self-talk like?
With the right self-talk, we can easily be more calm, confident, motivated and productive.
This masterclass covers:
- Rumination, or negative self-talk and why it keeps happening.
- What's going on in your brain that keeps you in negative self-talk mode.
- How can I make that internal voice work for you.
- Correcting your self-talk when it is unconstructive or unhelpful so you can keep it focused on boosting you.
- how to you silence your inner critic using one often-effective approach, self-transcendence.
- How to Change Your Self Talk
- How to quieten the inner chatter using Hypnosis
- The tools and techniques and scripts you can use to silence and or change the inner critic.
Our tranceworks retreat Is an opportunity to practise more advanced techniques. Techniques and tools that will enable you to support people with more complex challenges.
By the end of the five intensive learning days, you will have gained extensive experiential learning and feel confident and competent to deliver therapeutic interventions.
This retreat is for current students and graduates of The Northern College of Clinical Hypnotherapy, we are delighted to extend an invitation to certified clinical hypnotherapists looking to enhance their skills and knowledge to attend.
This course is also for those seeking full accreditation, perhaps those who desire to work in private medical clinics, alongside medical and all dental professionals,
or within an NHS setting, as a fully Accredited qualification is what you will require. In addition to our toolkit retreat this retreat is delivered over five days and will provide you with the additional 40 hours of practise sessions and the additional 30% of in-
person practise to go from certified diploma to accredited diploma.
Those attending for continuing professional development may choose to attend specific training days and are welcome to attend the full week.
Accommodation is available nearby or you can attend each day in person or live online via zoom.
On attending the full week, you will have participated in 40 hours of hypnotherapy CPD training.
The days will consist of a review of the theory and the delivery with a focus on practise.
The tranceworks retreat is an intense focus on working with the more advanced tools and techniques that you will have covered in modules 6 to 10 of the certified diploma course.
Confident Therapist Masterclass
Looking to become a confident hypnotherapist?
Look no further!
Our Masterclass will guide you to unlock the skills and knowledge you need to take your hypnotherapy practice to the next level.
In this Masterclass, you'll learn from an experienced hypnotherapist who will guide you through the process of building your confidence, mastering your techniques, and growing your business. You'll gain practical skills and strategies that you can apply right away to help yourself and your clients reach their goals.
If you're ready to become the best hypnotherapist you can be, join my Masterclass and take a step towards feeling confident in your practise.
Self Care For Therapists
Workshops with Roy Hunter
Spirit Trek with Roy Hunter
Accessing Divine Wisdom (or Spirit Trek), based on Roy's popular book, The Art of Spiritual Hypnosis: Accessing Divine Wisdom (2016, Blooming Twig Publishing). This is experiential, with group journeys and/or individual journeys, depending on the combination of time and number of people present. Ideally suited for those who wish to obtain divine insight from their perception of God or Higher Power. Length, 2 hours.
Spiritual Hypnosis with Roy Hunter - Full Day
Roy Hunter, editor of The Art of Spiritual Hypnosis (2016, Blooming Twig Publishing), created a workshop based on that highly-praised anthology containing case summaries from over two dozen experienced and respected professionals from around the world.
- Overview of Spiritual Realms by well-known healthcare practitioners
- The Concept of Parts Therapy, and How It Relates To Spiritual Hypnosis.
- The Spirit Trek Protocol
- Avoiding Potential Pitfalls
- Past Life Regressions: fact or fantasy?
- Unresolved Past Grief
- Repeated demonstrations
This is a full day of video training.
Hypnotic Regression Therapy with Roy Hunter
This fantastic 2 day workshop was presented in front of a live audience at Costa Mesa, California, in June of 2011.
A PDF version of the participant workbook is included (Regression workbook v2012) and accompanies the 21 video course files.
1. Summarize basic hypnotic regression therapy (HRT) theory and techniques;
2. Explain the risk and causes of false memories;
3. Explain how to minimize the risk of false memories;
4. Recognize and discuss the differences between leading and guiding;
5. Assess when HRT is indicated;
6. Compile an HRT pre-talk emphasizing the avoidance of preconceived notions about the cause of the problem;
7. Demonstrate one hypnotic induction technique with deepening procedures;
8. Describe and/or demonstrate how to establish ideomotor finger response signals;
9. Describe which past events we look for during HRT;
10. Describe at least two hypnotic regression techniques;
11. Recognize abreactions and describe how to use hypnotic techniques to facilitate the client's ability to release negative emotions surrounding a past event and to reframe the meaning of the event;
12. Explain how to use appropriate hypnotic suggestion at the conclusion of the regression in order to increase the probability of lasting success;
13. Practice a regression technique in dyads;
14. Explain how the techniques and safeguards built into diversified client centered hypnosis insure that the material uncovered comes from the client and not from the therapist.
The Four Hypnotic Steps to Facilitate Change (hypnotherapy objectives).
Ideomotor responses to determine whether or not to employ regression.
What IS hypnotic regression therapy (HRT), and which hypnotic objectives can it fulfil?
When is regression appropriate?
The difference between guiding and leading.
In-depth explanation of regression
Phase 1: Client Preparation
Phase 2: Regression Techniques to Discover the Cause
Phase 3: Abreactions and Release
Phase 4: Subconscious Relearning
Phase 5: Concluding the Session
Role Play and Demonstrations
Facilitator demonstration followed by discussion.
Past life regressions: fact or fantasy?
Ethics, possible explanations, techniques, and demonstration.
2 Day Parts Therapy Workshop
Parts therapy is hypnosis for inner conflict resolution; and the parts therapy process often helps clients succeed even when other hypnotic techniques have failed.
According to experts, we all have anywhere from five to fifteen various aspects (or parts) of the subconscious that influence us in any given week. In other words, we all wear different hats.
Parts therapy is a highly effective hypnotic technique to help clients resolve inner conflicts. Someone strongly desiring to attain a goal, but who also experiences self-sabotage, may be a prime candidate for PARTS THERAPY.
Often using different names, others emulate this profoundly beneficial technique taught and practiced by the late Charles Tebbetts (a pioneer of client-centered hypnotherapy), parts therapy resembles ego state therapy and voice dialogue, as well as other variations going by different names.
Competently facilitated, parts therapy often helps people get past barriers when other techniques are insufficient. However, there are pitfalls that must be avoided in order to maximize results for your clients.
Numerous professionals around the world help clients by employing either parts therapy or variations, which are similar techniques with different names that are based on the same concept.
Prior to his passing, Tebbetts asked Roy Hunter to continue his work. With a few updates made over the years, Roy now teaches Client Centred Parts Therapy and you can have access to his 2 day workshop right here.
Objectives: Participants will learn…
- Explain the concept of Parts Therapy;
- Compare Parts Therapy with several other similar techniques such as Ego State Therapy;
- Summarize the four objectives that constitute the foundation of Client Centred Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy;
- Assess when Parts Therapy is indicated;
- Explain to a client how Parts Therapy is a way to mediate inner conflicts between different parts of the client's personality;
- Utilize hypnotic techniques in order to adequately prepare the client for the Parts Therapy process;
- Properly apply the eleven steps of the Parts Therapy process (or protocol) to help a client resolve an inner conflict;
- Practice the Parts Therapy steps through group role play;
- Demonstrate the preferred technique for integrating the parts before emerging the client;
- Use hypnotic suggestions and imagery to help the subconscious accept the resolution as fitting and viable;
- Observe demonstrations of the application of the 11-Step Process (protocol);
- Explain the conceptual and clinical rationale for each step of the Parts Therapy process.
1. Learning Objectives
2. Introduction and Overview
3. Variations of Parts Therapy
4. Important Background Information: The Four Hypnotherapeutic Steps to Facilitate Change; What Is Parts Therapy?; Which Hypnotherapy Objectives Can Parts Therapy Fulfil?; Why Regression Therapy Is a Prerequisite to Parts Therapy; Hypnotic Regressions: Cautions; When Is Parts Therapy Appropriate?; Ideomotor Responding and Psychodynamics; Ideomotor Questions to Assess Symptom Psychodynamics
5. When Is Parts Therapy Appropriate?
Sometimes it is obvious, but not always; Ideomotor Responding and Psychodynamics; Scripts for Setting Up Ideomotor Response Signals; Ideomotor Questions to Assess Symptom Psychodynamics
6. Exploring Parts Therapy: Article written by Charles Tebbetts; An Important 1990 Update; Other Updates; Overview of Important Procedures
7. The Parts Therapy Session: Preparation (First Phase of Parts Therapy); The 11-Step Process (the Second Phase of Parts Therapy); Conclusion (Third Phase, Concluding the Parts Therapy Session)
8. Avoiding Potential Pitfalls
9. Parts Therapy for Pain Management*
10. Unresolved Past Grief*
11. For the Open-Minded: Exploring our spiritual potential and more…*
12. Demonstration and Concluding Comments
Inductions with Roy Hunter
This inductions workshop by Master Hypnotherapist Roy Hunter will help you to find the best induction For your clients
• Learn the basic induction categories.
• Learn how to find the best induction for clients, including analytical resisters.
• See a group mental confusion induction.
Charles Tebbetts categorized all inductions into six basic induction types. Some inductions blend more than one type of induction. By understanding the categories, the number of available inductions will be as large as your imagination.
Roy will demonstrate as many inductions as time permits, including a group mental confusion induction.
A Miracle on Demand.
An epileptic overcomes seizures... "A Miracle on Demand"
This is a historical video of the the famous Charles Tebbetts working with Parts Therapy.
The late Charles Tebbetts was at his best facilitating this therapy for a former epileptic, using both regression and parts therapy - with a resulting success that lasted for nine years before another follow-up was needed.
This profound therapy was detailed in Chapter 12 of The Art of Hypnotherapy...length, under 1hr.